Established Arizona Auto Accident Lawyer Pursues Optimal Results for Injured Clients
Reliable attorney helps victims in the Flagstaff area recover damages
An auto accident can negatively affect your health, your family, your job and your quality of life. Even an collision at low speed may result in serious injuries. If you have been hurt because another driver was negligent, I can help you seek compensation for the various types of harm resulting from the crash, including pain and suffering, medical bills and lost income. The Law Office of Matthew J. Poirier PLLC represents clients injured in motor vehicle accidents in the Flagstaff area and throughout Arizona.
Car accidents in Arizona
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, there were 121,345 motor vehicle accidents on state roads in 2021. Of those crashes, 1,063 caused a person’s death and 35,203 inflicted injuries, while 85,079 produced property damage only. Alcohol was cited as a factor in 5,620 collisions. Victims included 1,714 pedestrians and 1,027 cyclists.
Major causes of car accidents
Most auto accidents are the result of driver error. Motorists who cause wrecks are frequently inattentive, impaired in some way or are operating their vehicle in a risky manner, increasing the likelihood of a crash. Occasionally, road conditions or design are a factor. Weather, poor visibility and harsh sunlight can also play a role. Defective vehicle parts or negligent maintenance can cause a vehicle to fail, setting the stage for an accident.
Dedicated advocate represents clients injured in a range of car accidents
The financial costs of an accident can take a heavy toll on victims. My knowledge of Arizona law helps victims confidently seek the compensation they deserve. As a personal injury lawyer, I represent clients involved in accidents caused by:
- Distracted driving — Drivers who fail to pay attention to the road put others in danger. Texting, talking on a cellphone or using a GPS are just some of the distractions that can lead to accidents.
- Reckless driving — Excessive speeding or failing to follow other traffic rules can result in devastating collisions. I examine police reports and witness testimony to find supporting evidence for victims’ claims.
- Drunk or drug-impaired driving — There is no excuse for taking the wheel when impaired by alcohol or drugs, including prescribed medications. My firm strives to hold intoxicated motorists accountable for the harm they cause.
- Weather conditions — Rain, snow and other weather conditions create challenges for drivers and can affect the functionality of cars. When weather is a factor in an accident, I work to show that a driver did not adequately respond to the conditions.
- Defective auto parts — Automakers that fail to alert their customers to defects can be held liable for their negligence. Similarly, if a driver doesn’t attempt to remedy a known problem with their vehicle, they may face repercussions when they become involved in an accident.
I am known as a skilled and trustworthy advocate for auto accident victims and will support you throughout the legal process.
Who Is liable?
Who is legally responsible for an auto accident is the all-important question in every crash case. Arizona is an at-fault insurance law state, so someone hurt in a vehicle collision can take direct action against the driver who caused the accident or their insurer. Depending on the circumstances, liable parties can include:
- Negligent or reckless drivers
- Government entities in charge of roadways
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Vehicle maintenance companies
In many cases, a defendant might also accuse the plaintiff of bearing some responsibility for the accident. Even if you are found to be partly at fault for the collision, you can still collect compensation under Arizona’s comparative negligence law. Though your damage award would be reduced in proportion to the percentage of fault you bear for the accident.
Responsive lawyer handles insurance claims and disputes
When you file a claim with an insurance company, getting the monetary compensation you deserve can be time-consuming and stressful. Insurers and their attorneys try to pay the minimum amount of accident compensation possible, but I help my clients to prepare strong claims and challenge insurers who attempt to deny them. To establish liability for the accident and substantiate the severity of your injuries, I may bring in experts in various fields, from trauma doctors to collision reconstruction analysts. My experience includes advocating for clients with catastrophic injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBI), and obtaining compensation to cover a lifetime of medical treatment and lifestyle accommodations.
It is important to speak to an attorney immediately following an auto accident to ensure the preservation of crucial evidence and witness recollection. In addition, Arizona law places time limits on filing an automobile accident claim. I am committed to the timely investigation of your claim.
Contact an experienced Arizona auto accident attorney for a free consultation
Selecting a capable personal injury attorney is critical to securing the full payment you deserve after a car accident. To schedule a free consultation at the Law Office of Matthew J. Poirier PLLC in Flagstaff, call 928-222-2803 or contact me online.